- The data for China’s copper industry are based on SMM’s survey of copper smelters, copper wire rod producers, copper tube/pipe producers, copper plate/sheet, strip and foil makers, and wire & cable producers in China. SMM has been collecting information about production, order books, inventories and market forecast from these enterprises every month since January 2007, so as to keep ourselves informed about market conditions and provide accurate and timely information on supply, consumption, stocks, and market sentiment across the industry.
- China’s nickel market experienced destocking in 2014.
Nickel stocks at Chinese ports fell at faster pace in Q1 2015. Will stocks continue falling?
Indonesia has imposed export ban on nickel ore for over a year. High-grade nickel ore resources are limited in the Philippines. Hence, Chinese high-grade NPI plants will face raw material shortages and rising costs, which in turn will force them to close. When will Chinese high-grade NPI plants run out of raw materials? When will China’s NPI production begin to fall dramatically?
Premiums of imported nickel in China’s bonded zone shot up in early 2015 as trading activity turned brisk. When will China’s nickel imports return to normal?
China could make waves in global nickel market, and SMM database offers you a full picture of China’s nickel industry chain.
- SMM Aluminum database covers prices, costs, capacity, output, inventories, operating rates and other data that concerns you most across the aluminum value chain (bauxite, alumina, aluminum and aluminum processing). Our database offers you insight on China’s aluminum raw material supply and industry development, changes in supply/demand balance, conditions in aluminum processing industry, as well as aluminum price trends.
- Iron ore data include production costs of Chinese iron mines, output and capacity of SOE mines, utilization rate and inventory changes of private mines. These data allow our customers to understand timely iron concentrate production and consumption in China. In addition, SMM also collects information about furnace charges employed by Chinese steel mills, such as share of Chinese iron concentrate consumption, and the capacity of pellet and sinter feeds through surveys of steel mills representing over 70% of China’s steel output.
- Lead database covers operating rates at Chinese lead mines (by size), survey at Chinese lead mines, lead concentrate inventories at the Port of Lianyungang, survey at Chinese lead smelters, operating rates at Chinese lead smelters (by size), lead inventories in Shanghai and Guangdong, inventories at major Chinese lead warehouses , China’s apparent lead consumption, operating rates at Chinese secondary lead producers, inventories at Chinese secondary lead smelters, production costs at Chinese secondary lead producers, operating rates at Chinese lead battery plants (by category), operating rates at Chinese lead battery plants (by size), finished product inventories at Chinese lead battery producers and operating rates at Chinese lead battery producers (by company).
The database includes relative data from upstream to downstream lead producers, which are from SMM’s first-hand survey.
- Zinc database covers operating rates at Chinese zinc mines (by size), survey at Chinese zinc mines, zinc concentrate inventories at the Port of Lianyungang, survey at Chinese zinc smelters, zinc inventories in Shanghai, Tianjin and Guangdong, inventories at major Chinese zinc warehouses, China’s apparent zinc consumption, operating rates at Chinese galvanizers, operating rates at Chinese zinc oxide producers, operating rates at Chinese die-cast zinc alloy producers, production and inventories at producers, and domestic supply and demand balance, which are based on SMM survey.
Copyright © SMM. All Rights Reserved